Valve has released a new update for CS:GO that brings some important modifications to gameplay.
CS:GO has just been updated to version 126.96.36.199 with some gameplay changes, in addition to minor tweaks in the maps to make them more suitable for competitive play.
Based on feedback from professional players, the C4 planting sound has now been changed: starting to plant the bomb will trigger an initialization sound that anyone in the surrounding area can hear, despite the fact that the code-typing sound can only be heard by the player who is playing the bomb.
Whenever a player picks up an item while moving silenty, only that specific player will hear a pickup sound. The same thing does not happen when a player picks up an item while running, as anyone will be able to hear the pickup sound.
Other changes brought by the update include the ability to link a Steam account with a twitch.tv account, the addition of a Twitch.tv button to the Watch tab and more stats to the Spectator Graphs.
Below you can find the complete changelog:
- Changed C4 planting sounds based on pro feedback. When planting the bomb, it plays an initialization sound that everyone can hear, but ONLY the player planting will hear the code typing sounds. This makes fake planting possible (similar to fake diffusing as a CT).
- All items now follow the same pick up sound rules (grenades, C4, weapons, defuse kits, etc):
- If a player picks up an item while running, it plays a pickup sound that everyone can hear.
- If a player picks up an item while moving silently, it plays a subtle pickup sound to ONLY the player picking it up.
- Weapons, grenades, and remaining money are now displayed as icons above player heads during freezetime. (Thanks R-arcHoniC)
- Fixed overhead teammate arrows not showing up in some cases.
- Fixed automatic observer target selection failing to find a controllable bot when a player was killed.
- Fixed lighting on prop in CT spawn.
- Fixed buggy wallbangs at A main and B halls.
- Fixed issue with dropping bomb behind spools in mid warehouse.
- Increased size of Bombsite A plant area.
- Opened up skybox in T spawn.
- Improvements to visibility throughout the map. (Thanks andzie!)
- General optimizations.
- Smoothed out movement in Bombsite B.
- Added ability to link your Steam account to Twitch.tv account.
- Added Link to Twitch.tv button in Watch tab.
- Added more stats to the Spectator Graphs: Average Damage per Round, Headshot Percentage, Total Cash Earned.
- Fixed uncased knives with no finish displaying incorrectly in the GOTV and Demo UI.
- Fixed spectator weapon panel staying visible when switching to Roam camera.
- Fixed player panel appearing behind graphs.
- Work in progress improvements to demoui & demoplayer:
- Seeking backward no longer reloads the map.
- Can now seek to next/previous round start or player death.
Fixed x-ray rules for coaches. Players can now become coaches during freezetime in addition to warmup.